"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -Maria Robinson
We all have probably heard this quote a thousand times and some like me might have also saved it as a wallpaper or pinned it on pinterest. But how many of us actually go through with it???
In the modern times, everyone I mean everyone from a little kid to an old person has problems in one or the other sphere of life. We the "Youth" are the ones who suffer from so called tensions and dramas the most. I feel that Girls are more prone to psychological upset than boys. This could be due to the fact that generally girls are more sensitive or they are overprotected and over-expected from especially in the Indian society. The source of our problems can be anything..believe me any smallest thing that even remotely has the potential of offending us can cause problem in our life. We have problems related to study, work, friends, family, relationships, nagging neighbours, that man who is the age of your father or even older trying to touch you in the bus, the thirsty eyes of men who don't even know you. What can we do? Do we need protection from our own family and people around us? Okay let's say that we do...Even then this is the society who cannot see a girl with a boy and accept that they may be friends or in a relationship and he is there for her because You are threatening her privacy. And we are talking about the age where homosexuality is accepted. I mean... Seriously?? Who should we choose to share our feelings then?? Who should we trust? WHERE ARE WE SAFE??
So many questions and no answer...
So I have decided to make some changes in my life, because in the end I myself am responsible for my happiness.
Things I have decided to give up:
1. Self Doubt
2. Living to meet others' expectations
3. Criticism
4. Procrastination
5. Picking unnecessary fights
6. Need to be right
7. Being indecisive
8. Overlooking the positive points in life
9. Expecting perfection (from myself and from others)
10. Past failures and traumas
11. Letting others' opinion control my life
12. Comfort eating and comfort shopping
13. Need to justify myself (when I am doing nothing wrong)
14. Insecurities
15. Taking everything personally

These are the things I'll try to do instead:
1. Focus on my goals
2. Be optimistic
3. Take care of my body
4. Avoid over thinking
5. Say what I mean and mean what I say
6. Write everyday
7. Ignore non-constructive hurtful things
8. Accept people the way they are
9. Learn a little everyday
10. Smile
I suddenly remembered these lyrics from an Eminem rap-
And I just can't keep living this way,
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage..
I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground..
I've had enough, Now I'm so fed up,
Time to put mu life back together right now!!
Till next time!!!
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment